Know the factors that put you at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Travel within the past 14 days to one of the countries identified through CDC’s travel warnings Level 3, and alerts Level 2, which can be found here.
- Close contact with persons suspected, or confirmed, to have COVID-19
- Severe illness requiring hospitalization for a viral respiratory disease that has no other known cause
- If any of these apply to you, call your medical provider, or the Health District at 775-328-2427 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Sunday, or call Washoe 311 (Dial 3-1-1) after hours.
- If you traveled outside of Washoe County and are concerned that you might have COVID-19, you can fill out a survey instead of calling 775-328-2427.
It’s very important that if you are sick, but don’t meet any of the risks above, you should call your healthcare organization’s telemedicine program first before you call your medical provider.