REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 13
Three additional COVID-19-related deaths reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting three additional COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County:
- A female in her 70s with underlying health conditions
- A female in her 80s with underlying health conditions
- A female in her 100s with underlying health conditions
Additionally, there were 60 recoveries reported and 54 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 3,689 (+54 from 7/12)
- Deaths: 96 (+3)
- Recovered: 2,450 (+60)
- Active cases: 1,143 (-9)
- Currently hospitalized: 86 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 286 (+2)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 13: 64,026 (+851 since 7/12)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 13:
- 78 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-1% since 7/12)
- 47 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-9%)
- 19 percent of all ventilators are in use (-3%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
Myth: Cloth masks don’t protect you
Cloth masks are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as one of the most effective ways to slow the spread of COVID-19. Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others, which is important given that many people spread COVID-19 without showing symptoms.
Face coverings are recommended in public space when around people outside of your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. On June 24, Governor Steve Sisolak issued Directive 024 for mandatory face coverings – see the guidance here.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.