REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JUNE 13
Additional COVID-19-related death, 41 new cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting an additional COVID-19-related death: A female in her 70s with underlying health conditions. There are 70 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
In addition, there are 41 new cases of COVID-19 in Washoe County with 28 recoveries. The active case count has reached 642, its highest point for the second straight day (yesterday was 630).
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 1,955 (+41 from 6/12)
- Deaths: 70 (+1)
- Recoveries: 1,243 (+28)
- Active cases: 642 (+12)
- Currently hospitalized: 70 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 160 (+6)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of June 13: 39,697 (+732 since 6/12)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of June 11, 2020:
- 76 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+1% since June 10)
- 45 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+5%)
- 18 percent of all ventilators are in use (+2%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. Follow us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.