REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JUNE 15
1 new COVID-19-related death reported, total cases surpasses 2,000 in Washoe County
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting an additional COVID-19-related death: A male in his 60s with underlying health conditions. There are 71 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
There are 26 new cases of COVID-19 in Washoe County with 23 recoveries. Positive COVID-19 cases in Washoe County has surpassed 2,000. The active COVID-19 case count is up two cases to 640, the second highest mark on record.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 2,003 (+26 from 6/14)
- Deaths: 71 (+1)
- Recoveries: 1,292 (+23)
- Active cases: 640 (+2)
- Currently hospitalized: 67 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 167 (+3)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of June 15: 40,932 (+555 since 6/14)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of June 14, 2020:
- 73 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-2% since June 13)
- 39 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-8%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (-2%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. Follow us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.