REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JUNE 19
1 COVID-19-related death, active cases reaches new high for second straight day
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting an additional COVID-19-related death in Washoe County: A female in her 70s with underlying health conditions. There are 73 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
Additionally, there are 31 new cases of COVID-19 in Washoe County with 15 recoveries. The active case count hit a record high for the second straight day with an increase of 15 cases (685 overall).
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 2,137 (+31 from 6/18)
- Deaths: 73 (+1)
- Recoveries: 1,379 (+15)
- Active cases: 685 (+15)
- Currently hospitalized: 69 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 174 (+3)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of June 19: 43,537 (+1053 since 6/17)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of June 18, 2020:
- 79 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+3% since June 17)
- 50 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-2%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (-1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, www.COVID19Washoe.com, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.