REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JUNE 28
Total COVID-19 cases hits 2,600 in Washoe County
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 27 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with three recoveries. Active cases grew to 875, a record high.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 2,600 (+27 from 6/27)
- Deaths: 74 (+0)
- Recoveries: 1,651 (+3)
- Active cases: 875 (+24)
- Currently hospitalized: 79 (+4)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 227 (+0)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of June 28: 48,619 (+406 since 6/27)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of June 28, 2020:
- 77 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-2% since June 26)
- 50 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-5%)
- 15 percent of all ventilators are in use (-2%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, www.COVID19Washoe.com, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.