REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 12
Additional COVID-19-related death, 61 new cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting a COVID-19-related death in Washoe County: A female in her 80s with underlying health conditions. There are 93 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
Additionally, there were 61 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 26 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 3,635 (+61 from 7/11)
- Deaths: 93 (+1)
- Recoveries: 2,390 (+26)
- Active cases: 1,152 (+34)
- Currently hospitalized: 88 (-1)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 284 (+3)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 12: 63,175 (+717 since 7/11)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 12:
- 79 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+0% since 7/11)
- 56 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+1%)
- 22 percent of all ventilators are in use (+2%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.