REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 17
56 new COVID-19 cases, 51 recoveries reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 56 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 51 recoveries.
No COVID-19-related deaths were reported today, ending a streak of nine straight days of reporting at least one. A COVID-19-related death is deemed by a doctor or the medical examiner, either as the main cause of death, underlying cause of death or contributing cause of death.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 3,951 (+56 from 7/16)
- Deaths: 101 (+0)
- Recovered: 2,688 (+51)
- Active cases: 1,162 (+5)
- Currently hospitalized: 75 (-3)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 306 (+10)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 17: 68,488 (+1,581 since 7/16)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 17:
- 76 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-3% since 7/16)
- 66 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-6%)
- 8 percent of all ventilators are in use (-4%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
COVID-19 Testing Available
To sign up for a COVID-19 test, Washoe County residents can fill out this risk assessment form and schedule a test online. The form is also available in Spanish here. You can also call 775-328-2427.