REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 24
Additional COVID-19-related death, 109 new cases reported in Washoe County
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting an additional COVID-19-related death in Washoe County: A woman in her 90s with underlying health conditions.
Update to the number of COVID-19-related deaths Washoe County
A death originally reported on June 29 as a COVID-19-related death has since been changed to a non-COVID-19-related death after further information was submitted from the case’s physician. Therefore, the number of COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County remains at 105.
Additionally, 109 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Washoe County and 75 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 4,565 (+109 from 7/23)
- Deaths: 105 (+0)
- Recovered: 3,265 (+75)
- Active cases: 1,195 (+34)
- Currently hospitalized: 64 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 335 (+6)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 24: 76,894 (+2,311 since 7/23)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 24:
- 64 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+0% since 7/23)
- 55 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+9%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (+1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.