REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 25
Additional COVID-19-related death, a record 159 new cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting an additional COVID-19-related death and the most COVID-19 cases ever reported in one day.
The deceased is a woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions. There are 106 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
Additionally, there were 159 new COVID-19 cases reported, the most in one day in Washoe County. The previous high was 150 on July 3.
There are additional new highs in the 7-day rolling average for new cases (96, previous high was 86 on July 4) and the active cases (1,301, previous high was 1,239 on July 19).
Wearing a mask in public is mandatory in Washoe County.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 4,724 (+159 from 7/24)
- Deaths: 106 (+1)
- Recovered: 3,317 (+52)
- Active cases: 1,301 (+106)
- Currently hospitalized: 62 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 338 (+3)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 25: 78,233 (+1,339 since 7/24)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 24:
- 64 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+0% since 7/23)
- 55 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+9%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (+1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.