REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 29
3 additional COVID-19-related deaths, 104 new cases reported in Washoe County
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting three additional COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
- A male in his 70s with underlying health conditions
- A female in her 70s and it’s under investigation if there were underlying health conditions
- A female in her 60s with underlying health conditions
There are 111 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
Additionally, there were 104 new COVID-19 cases reported today in Washoe County with 98 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 4,965 (+104 from 7/28)
- Deaths: 111 (+3)
- Recovered: 3,634 (+98)
- Active cases: 1,220 (+3)
- Currently hospitalized: 86 (-1)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 361 (+13)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 29: 83,062 (+1,302 since 7/28)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 29:
- 62 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+5% since 7/28)
- 37 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-5%)
- 13 percent of all ventilators are in use (-1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.