REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – AUG. 11
Additional COVID-19-related death reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting the 121st COVID-19-related death in Washoe County: A female in her 80s with underlying health conditions.
Additionally, there were 90 COVID-19 recoveries and 72 new cases reported.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 5,907 (+72 from 8/10)
- Deaths: 121 (+1)
- Recovered: 4,704 (+90)
- Active cases: 1,082 (-19)
- Currently hospitalized: 87 (+1)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 431 (+1)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of Aug. 11: 96,264 (+507 since 8/10)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of August 11:
- 61 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+1% since 8/10)
- 37 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+5%)
- 10 percent of all ventilators are in use (-1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.