REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – SEPT. 18
32 additional COVID-19 cases, 28 recoveries
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 32 additional COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 28 recoveries.
The two age ranges that are seeing the biggest rise in COVID-19 are 20-29 and 10-19. Since Sept. 2, the active COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population for the 20-29 age range has gone from 359 to 550. During that same period, the 10-19 age range went from 144 active cases per 100,000 population to 306.
The rise in cases tied to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) has been significant and is continuing to be monitored. At least 162 cases have been reported by UNR since Sept. 2, according to their website. More information on active cases per 100,000 can be found on the COVID-19 Dashboard here under the “Age Groups” tab at the bottom of the page. The dashboard is best viewed on a tablet or personal computer.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 8,493 (+32 from 9/17)
- Deaths: 153 (+0)
- Recovered: 6,990 (+28)
- Active cases: 1,350 (+4)
- Currently hospitalized: 54 (+3)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 627 (+1)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of September 18: 127,785 (+1,322 since 9/17)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of September 18:
- 68 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+2% since 9/17)
- 43 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+1%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (+0%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.