REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – SEPT. 19
92 new COVID-19 cases, 24 recoveries
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 92 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 24 recoveries.
The active case count continues to surge and is at its highest mark with 1,418. This is the first time it’s ever been greater than 1,400.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 8,585 (+92 from 9/18)
- Deaths: 153 (+0)
- Recovered: 7,014 (+24)
- Active cases: 1,418 (+68)
- Currently hospitalized: 52 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 628 (+1)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of September 19: 128,827 (+1,042 since 9/18)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of September 18:
- 68 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+2% since 9/17)
- 43 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+1%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (+0%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.