REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – SEPT. 26
One COVID-19-related death, 92 new cases, 67 recoveries reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting one additional COVID-19-related death in Washoe County: A male in his 80s with underlying health conditions. There have been 156 COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County.
Additionally, there were 96 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Washoe County with 67 recoveries. The active case count is at 1,306.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 9,268 (+96 from 9/25)
- Deaths: 156 (+1)
- Recovered: 7,806 (+67)
- Active cases: 1,306 (+28)
- Currently hospitalized: 68 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 653 (+4)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of September 26: 138,453 (+1,084 since 9/25)
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of September 25:
- 65 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-1% since 9/24)
- 45 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-4%)
- 17 percent of all ventilators are in use (-3%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.