Regional Information Center Update – Oct. 1
79 new COVID-19 cases, 59 recoveries reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 79 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 59 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 9,696 (+79 from 9/30)
- Deaths: 159 (+0)
- Recovered: 8,190 (+59)
- Active cases: 1,347 (+20)
- Currently hospitalized: 67 (-2)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 683 (+3)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of October 1: 143,806 (+1,424 since 9/30)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of October 1:
- 64 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+3% since 9/30)
- 44 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied +2%)
- 18 percent of all ventilators are in use (+6%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
Directive for Public Gatherings Goes Into Effect in Washoe County
The Governor’s Directive for public gatherings of 250 is in effect in Washoe County and the Regional Information Center is asking residents to keep using safe COVID-19 preventive measures to decrease the spread of the virus. Information on the new directive can be found on the Nevada Health Response website.
Among the new information from the directive that the public should be aware of is:
- Nevada Guidance for Safe Gatherings – Celebrations, Ceremonies, and Events
- Large Gathering Venue COVID-19 Preparedness & Safety Plan Submission Guide
- Nevada Places of Worship and Life-Rites Ceremonies
- Nevada COVID-19 Guidance for Gatherings at Private Residences
Please note that the directive limits private gatherings to 10 for indoors and 25 for outdoors.
Continuing to practice safe COVID-19 preventive measures like wearing a face covering, social distancing and frequent hand washing is extremely important in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.