Regional Information Center Update – Oct. 3
3 COVID-19-related deaths, 106 cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting three additional COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County:
- A female in her 60s and it’s undetermined if there were underlying health conditions
- A female in her 60s with an underlying health condition
- A male in his 70s with underlying health conditions
Additionally, there were 106 new COVID-19 cases reported with 54 recoveries. The active case count is at 1,436, the highest total on record surpassing the previous record of 1,418 on Sept. 19.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 9,890 (+106 from 10/2)
- Deaths: 164 (+3)
- Recovered: 8,290 (+54)
- Active cases: 1,436 (+49)
- Currently hospitalized: 70 (+4)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 689 (+5)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of October 3: 146,004 (+843 since 10/2)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of October 2:
- 63 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (-1% since 10/1)
- 47 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+3%)
- 16 percent of all ventilators are in use (-2%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
Update on Youth and Adult Sports in Washoe County
Governor Steve Sisolak updated his directive and guidance on youth and adult sports in Nevada, which can be found in an announcement here.
The directive does not include professional, collegiate or high school sports. The updated guidance also includes information on screenings. COVID-19 testing is available in Washoe County by filling out this form (Spanish version here) or calling 775-328-2427.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.