Regional Information Center Update – Oct. 26
2 COVID-19-related deaths, 126 cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting two COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County: A male in his 80s with underlying health conditions and a female in her 80s with underlying health conditions.
Additionally, we’re reporting 126 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County with 111 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 12,608 (+126 from 10/25)
- Deaths: 195 (+2)
- Recovered: 10,528 (+111)
- Active cases: 1,885 (+13)
- Currently hospitalized: 90 (-1)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 821 (+4)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of October 26: 174,575 (+1,578 since 10/25)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of October 26:
- *79 percent staffed hospital beds are occupied
- 66 percent of all licensed hospital beds are occupied (-3% since 10/23)
- 48 percent of all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-11%)
- 20 percent of all ventilators are in use (+3%)
*The Nevada Hospital Association recently re-added staffed hospital beds to its reporting in addition to licensed beds. The Regional Information Center report had listed staffed beds as licensed beds incorrectly but it has been fixed.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.