Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Community Newsletter – March 25, 2021
Vaccine info for businesses, 16+ w/ underlying health conditions and free donuts
March 25, 2021. Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is providing a COVID-19 vaccine community newsletter in Washoe County to help educate residents on the mass vaccination effort by the COVID-19 Response Team and community partners.
Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
Providers in Washoe County have administered 181,481 COVID-19 vaccines overall (74,768 second doses), with 21,199 happening between March 18-March 25, 2021. Visit the State of Nevada’s vaccine dashboard to see more.
Essential Business Update
The Washoe County Health District (WCHD) is asking local businesses that are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure employees have access and information to schedule a vaccine appointment. WCHD has sent invitations to those in the Frontline Supply Chain Logistics and Frontline Commerce & Service Industries and is soon working to invite Frontline Infrastructure. See all the workgroups here.
- Go to our searchable database on our website to see which employers are on the list to either receive COVID-19 vaccine appointment or have already received COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- Those entries shaded in green have received an invitation from Washoe County
- If your employer or business is not on the list, click the “Fill Request To Participate Form”
If your employer is eligible and you have not received information on how to schedule a vaccine, please contact your employer, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 775-328-2427. You will be required to show proof of employment when you check-in for your COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center.
Learn more: https://www.covid19washoevaccine.com/
Residents 16 and Older with Underlying Conditions
If you are 16 years of age or older with an underlying condition (listed below), you are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination opportunities for this group will only be available through the Retail Pharmacy Program or participating healthcare providers, meaning you will need to schedule your appointment with one of the providers listed below.
Retail Pharmacy Providers:
Check with each resource individually, and often. Signing up for the Washoe County waiting list does NOT mean you are also signed up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at one of these locations – these are separate appointment availabilities.
- Smith’s – Click here for more information or call 1-800-576-4377
- Walgreens – Click here for more information or call 1–800–925–4733
- Walmart – Click here for more information
- Sam’s Club – Click here for more information
The following partners are also scheduling appointments for eligible lanes with limited availability:
- Renown Health – Sign up for MyChartor call 775-982-2781
- Note: Renown is now scheduling for people ages 45 and older with underlying health conditions
- Saint Mary’s – Call 775-770-3000
- Community Health Alliance – Click here for more information or call 775-336-3035
- VA Hospital – Click here for more information or call 775-786-7200
- Sparks Fire Department – Click here for more information
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine in Washoe County by going to our website.
The Washoe County Health District will continue to schedule appointments only for Seniors 65+ and frontline/essential workers as defined in the prioritization lanes on our website. Once we have reached the majority of these populations, we will schedule appointments for all other eligible candidates.
What are the Underlying Conditions?
The Nevada State Immunization Program (NSIP) identifies the following underlying health conditions as ones which will cause a person to have an increased risk of severe illness of COVID-19:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung diseases and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions
- Anyone who is immunocompromised from an organ transplant
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Krispy Kreme Offers Free Doughnuts to Vaccinated People
Bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and receive a free Original Glazed® doughnut. Qualified guests include anyone who has received at least their first dose.
For all COVID-19 Vaccine questions, please visit our regional website, www.COVID19WashoeVaccine.com.
Please share: If you know of someone who wants to receive this newsletter, pass along the link to sign up. https://covid19washoe.com/signup/
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.