68 additional COVID-19 cases, 74 recoveries reported
April 1, 2021. Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting 68 additional COVID-19 cases and 74 recoveries in Washoe County.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine in Washoe County, please visit our website www.COVID19WashoeVaccine.com. Please note that starting Saturday, April 3, 2021, there no longer will be website and social media COVID-19 updates. The COVID-19 Dashboard will still be updated every day.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 44,148 (+68)
- Deaths: 660 (+0)
- Recovered: 41,578 (+74)
- Active cases: 1,910 (-6)
- Hospitalized with COVID-19: 30 (+3)
- Positivity rate: 5.4% (+0.1%)
- Vaccines administered in Washoe County: 203,019 (+0 from 3/31; 33.11% of Washoe County population 16+ have had vaccination initiated)
- Washoe County residents fully vaccinated: 80,163 (+0 from 3/31; 20.94% of Washoe County population 16+)
- Vaccines administered by Washoe County Health District: 93,097 (+1,995 from 3/31; 36,617 fully vaccinated)
*Hospitalization data is from Nevada Hospital Association.
*Washoe County COVID-19 Vaccine Data can be found on the State of Nevada dashboard, here.
*Vaccine data from the Washoe County Health District can be found here.
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of April 1: 408,525 (+1,451 since 3/31)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of April 1:
- 65 percent of all licensed hospital beds are occupied (+3% since 3/31)
- 68 percent staffed hospital beds are occupied (+3%)
- 45 percent of all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-1%)
- 22 percent of all ventilators are in use (+0%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
Need a COVID-19 test? It’s easy to sign up and it’s free
COVID-19 testing is still available at the Livestock Events Center and can be scheduled online here (en español aqui) or by calling 775-328-2427. It’s free and it does not matter if you have symptoms or not.
Sign up for the COVID Trace App
COVID Trace is a contact tracing mobile app developed by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services that uses a technology called the Exposure Notifications System from Google and Apple. The app exchanges anonymous information with other phones in your vicinity and can notify you if you’ve come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.See more here.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.