Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Community Newsletter – April 9, 2021
All residents 16 and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine
April 9, 2021. Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is providing a COVID-19 vaccine community newsletter in Washoe County to help educate residents on the mass vaccination effort by the COVID-19 Response Team and community partners.
Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
Providers in Washoe County have administered 234,418 COVID-19 vaccines overall (91,580 second doses. Visit the State of Nevada’s vaccine dashboard to see more.
All Nevadans 16 years and older now eligible
All Nevadans 16 years of age and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Free vaccination opportunities are available through the Washoe County Health District, the Retail Pharmacy Program and participating healthcare providers.
The Washoe County COVID-19 response team has launched a new scheduling platform that will allow residents to choose which brand of the COVD-19 vaccine they want to receive.
Appointments are available the week of April 19 and can be accessed here. Residents are asked to keep in mind the following:
- Be sure to select appointments at the Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center, which is the ONLY location in Northern Nevada with appointments available through this platform.
- The new scheduling tool is a statewide platform –appointments are available in both Northern and Southern Nevada.
- Those who are 16-17 years of age can only select the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine – the Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) are only available to those age 18 and older.
- Vaccine type is subject to change.
Click here to see if appointments are available at the Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center starting the week of April 19. You must have an appointment to receive the vaccine – those without an appointment will be asked to exit the premises.
Retail Pharmacy Providers:
Check with each resource individually, and often. Signing up for the Washoe County waiting list does NOT mean you are also signed up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at one of these locations – these are separate appointment availabilities.
- Smith’s – Click here for more information or call 1-800-576-4377
- Walgreens – Click here for more information or call 1–800–925–4733
- Walmart – Click here for more information
- Sam’s Club – Click here for more information
- Safeway – Click here for more information
- Save Mart – Click here for more information
- CVS – Click here for more information
- Renown Health – Sign up for MyChartor call 775-982-2781
- Community Health Alliance – Click here for more information or call 775-336-3035
- VA Hospital – Click here for more information or call 775-786-7200
In addition, Sparks Fire Department will be hosting a public clinic today. Appointments are still available by Sign up here.
Mask On. Get Your Vaccine. Move On.
We want Washoe County to open back up just as much as you do. That’s why it’s so important to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment if you haven’t already done so. And please remember that there is still a statewide mandate on wearing face coverings in public.
For all COVID-19 Vaccine questions, please visit our regional website, www.COVID19WashoeVaccine.com.
Please share: If you know of someone who wants to receive this newsletter, pass along the link to sign up. https://covid19washoe.com/signup/
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.